a.MARIE
PERFECTION ISN'T EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
unemployed.
Well
after 4 fucking years working for wack ass Buckhead Uniforms,
I was fired.
The Southlake location where I worked recently got a new "manger."
I was less than thrilled when I learned about the new mangement,
because the lady and I had a rocky past.
Upon finding the information out,
I pretty much decided to quit my job because I knew things at work would be very bad.
However, after much persausion from my mother,
she convinced me to stick it out.
Now with my old mangers,
I was pretty much next in charge.
I got to do what I wanted.
I got the most hours.
Let the other employees do the majority of the work.
Pretty much, I could decide what I wanted to do at work.
I was often late by an hour to hour and a half.
But that was more so because I had a lot on my plate: school.
also, the meds I take for my allergies are overwhelmingly drowsing.
I suppose since we had such a long history and i'd proven to be a good worker,
my lateness was overlooked.

When the new manger came in May,
I was register for Maymester courses.
I was required to go to school everyday for the month of May.
Usually in May, there aren't many hours to be given so I didn't think it would be a problem.
I told the new manger I'd be able to return to work in June.
She said that was fine and would call me once it was time for me to work with my schedule.
I was also taking regular summer semester courses, which prevented me from working Mondays and Wendesdays.
In the past, our store was closed on Monday.
This summer we were opened on Mondays.
Therefore, there were two days out of the 6 day week I could not work.
Prior to my old mangers leaving, they told me the new manager was annoyed I could not work that often.
From there, I knew a problem was going to arise.
June came and she gave me one day for the first week, while the other employees were getting like three days.
I was infuriated.
It was like the bitch was penalizing me for going to school.
The six days I did work for the new manger I tried to do my best to be polite, friendly and curtious.
Although she was not as friendly to me as she was to some of the other employees and was short with me, I thought our relationship was slowly improving.
However, I contined to be late.
But this bitch decided to pull me to the side, cop a manger attitude with me and say lateness waw not acceptable.
I made effort to improve my lateness.
At the most, I was only late by 10 mins as opposed to my 90-120 minute lateness.
There were usually no customers in the store.
She never mentioned it again.
I figured she saw my improvement and all was fine.
To my surprise,
Tuesday after work, she played me.
Saying to me business was slow and I was not longer needed.
I challenged her by saying I'd been working here the longest out of all the employees.
She then goes into this rant about I didn't respect her as a manger and I was always late.
I'm really just pissed because I KNEW i should have quit before getting fired.
It looks bad on my part to be fired.
I've been waiting to leave Buckhead Uniforms for awhile now,
and get into some sort of Criminal Justice government job.
Now, I probably won't be able to get a job because i was fired
and there's no way I can lie or bullshit my way about it since most jobs in this field require poloygraphs.


I've thought about contacting the main location and talking with them about my situation.
But I know that my plight will more than likely not be heard.
Although, my old mangers told those in charge of the company of my experience with the company and felt i could handle the position of manger,
those in charge would take sides with this new manger for she had been with the company for about 10 years.
Furthermore, I was not happy with many of the changes within the company.
We had not recieved our .50 cent raise this summer.
Hours had been cut back drastically reguardless of not hiring our usual summer help.
There had been times where we worked overtime and did not get time and a half.
The company was purchasing crap clothing and expected to sell them at somewhat high prices.
In a time when walmart, target and JCPenny's sell school uniforms, the business seems to be slipping.
There even seems to be more and more uniform companies emerging.
In the past, Buckhead Uniforms had almost a monopoloy on quality school uniforms.
Many of our biggest private schools are leaving and going to other uniform companies.
Dealing with people at the other locations were annoying.
They often were rude, disrespectful amoungst other things.
The woman who owns the family business was slowly passing the business to her son-in-law was beyond rude.
He had the nerve to ask whether any of the employess at our location were worth keeping when our old mangers were deciding to leave.
Mind you, every one who worked there had at least been there a year.
Most of us, over 3 years and some since the location had first opened.
On top of everything else, I was just tired of retail and customer service.
And I hate to say especially in a predominately black neighborhood.
Black customers are beyond rude for no reason.
At the same time, we carter to many private schools.
Many white people come into the store with superiority complexes.

Suprisingly, I am not upset by this.
I don't know.
I am mad because I feel as though I have done a lot for the company.
Only for it all to be taken away by one new manger who failed to give me a chance.
At the same time, I've been ready to leave Buckhead Uniforms.
I guess I am most upset because I wasn't able to leave on my own terms after giving so much of my time and loyalty to the company.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment